Charitable Purpose & Programs
• the relief of poverty
• the advancement of education
• the empowerment of youth and child services
• provide supportive services to seniors and the disabled
• the advancement of health and environment
• the advancement of the arts
• provide family and youth counseling
• To relieve poverty by providing basic amenities, including food, clothing and shelter to
[specify, e.g., the poor, needy, necessitous, underprivileged, low income, in financial need or
of small/limited means].
• To relieve poverty by operating a food bank for the benefit of the poor.
• To relieve poverty by providing food and other basic amenities to persons of low income, by
establishing, operating, and maintaining shelter for the homeless.
• To hold seminars that educate less fortunate about free community services
Advancement of Education
• To advance education by establishing and operating programs to tudor students.
• To educate the public by providing courses, seminars and workshops about finance.
• To provide childbirth education classes that focus on issues of family-centred care,
preparation for parenting, and nutrition.
• To educate youths by providing leadership training programs and workshops.
• To educate children about safety issues by providing appropriate level courses, seminars, and
workshops on stranger danger, fire safety, and bike safety.
• To educate the public about community development through workshops and seminars.
• To educate the public on agriculture and farming.
• To advance education by providing scholarships, bursaries, awards, and other forms of
financial assistance to continue education.
• To advance the education of students attending college by providing books, equipment and
• To educate and increase the public’s appreciation of community garden culture.
• To educate senior citizens on public policy, safety, nutrition, and medication.
Youth Empowerment and Child Services
• To operate a youth centre, which offers structured programs that are directed toward resolving
specific problems faced by youth.
• To operate a drop-in centre for troubled youth, including those with special needs, disabilities
and behavioural problems, that will provide educational, cultural, recreational, and social
activities in a supervised setting.
• To provide classes that address safe and not safe touching for children
• To provide athletic and recreational programs to support the physical, mental, and emotional well
being for youth.
• To erect playground structures for children.
• To provide entertainment and therapy to sick children in hospitals.
• To provide an extensive aftercare program for troubled youth.
• To provide outreach and intervention programs, youth conferences, and workshops for troubled
• To establish and provide day-care services for children.
Seniors and Disabled Services
• To provide support services for aged persons including personal care, housekeeping, meals,
nursing, shopping assistance, and transportation to medical appointments.
• To provide trained persons or services required by persons with mental or developmental
disabilities to assist them with life skills, recreation, and other daily activities.
• To establish an athletic and recreation facility which will serve persons with disabilities.
• To provide life management counseling and other supportive services to allow persons with
disabilities to become more independent in the community.
• To provide training and assistance in the placement of persons with disabilities in gainful
Health and Environment
• To provide the general public with not-for-profit hospitals with medical and dental information.
• To educate the general public on contraception and safe sex
• To provide the general public on free health screening and testing
• To educate the general community on nutrition and health eating habits
• To educate the general community on improving and maintaining a healthy environment
• To educate and provide programs to the general community on exercise and physical fitness
• To provide postpartum counseling to new mothers and their families.
• To provide education and information to expectant mothers relating to preparation for birth and
care during early childhood.
• To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciation of the arts by providing
performances of an artistic nature in public places, senior citizens homes, community centers,
educational institutions and by providing seminars on topics related to such performances.
• To provide instructional seminars on topics related to the performing and visual arts.
• To produce performing arts festivals for the purposes of educating and advancing the public’s
understanding and appreciation of performing arts and to educate artists through participation in
such festivals and related workshops.
• To educate the public in music performance and composition through workshops and recitals.
Family and Youth Counseling
• To provide a learning center for educational assessment, behavior management, and tutoring for
children, youth, and parents.
• To provide mentoring programs, workshops, and seminars for parents, children, and youth in anger
management, conflict resolution, and effective communication.
Other Purposes Beneficial to the Community
• To provide education, counseling, and other support services for refugees and immigrants in need, including language instruction, employment training, job search programs, translation services
and information programs.
• To provide and maintain a community garden for the benefit of the community.